Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sunflowers 2016

I bought a pack of sunflower seeds for a few dollars. The packet said they get between 10-16 feet tall. I walked around my apartment and town planting the seeds in early March 2016. There was an abandoned flowerbed at my job site. Bare, I decided to plant more sunflower seeds there early May 2016, just after the last frost. Frost in May, yes. The seeds grew and I had 10 around my apartment and 72 at my job site.

Apartment Sunflower

Job Site Sunflowers

I did see evidence of the plants around town, but they were mowed, a risk I knew I was taking. Five  at my apartment were destroyed by a weed eater, the lawn care people, a risk I knew I was taking. The other 5, I put mulch around them. The mulch help. Out of those 5 remaining, 1 grew to 7-8 feet right now and is producing a flower. The 72 at my job site are between 4-6 feet tall, they were planted much later.

Aerial Photo Apartment Sunflower Estimated 7-8 Feet
Job Site Sunflowers
Enjoy your day!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment